- Implement and maintain a basic level of cyber hygiene as defined and recommended by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
- Ensure your organisation is compliant with the Cyber Essentials standard
- Certify your organisation to Cyber Essentials
The Cyber Essentials scheme is a cyber security standard, which organisations can be assessed and certified against. It identifies the security controls that an organisation must have in place within their IT systems in order to have confidence that they are addressing cyber security effectively and mitigating the risk from Internet-based threats.
The scheme focuses on the following five essential mitigation strategies within the context of the 10 Steps to Cyber Security guide.
- Boundary Firewalls and Internet Gateways
- Secure Configuration
- Access Control
- Malware Protection
- Patch Management
It provides organisations with clear guidance on implementation as well as offering independent certification following the provision of a self-assessment questionnaire to a certifying body.
Whilst providing a basic but essential level of protection, the Cyber Essentials scheme enables organisations that believe they are practicing robust cyber security to benefit by making this a unique selling point thereby enabling business. Upon certification, they can then demonstrate to their customers that their data is adequately protected and that they take cyber security seriously.
Prism Infosec is a UK-based Cyber Essentials Certifying Body, with the CREST Accreditation Body. We offer tailored Cyber Essentials services to fit your organisation’s requirements which may include some or all of the following services:
- Pre-certification workshop and gap analysis, working with your team internally to determine your orgsanisation’s current position with regard to the Cyber Essentials standard.
- Support throughout the Cyber Essentials certification process.
- Review of completed Cyber Essentials questionnaires and issuing certificates to compliant organisations.
Call us on 01242 652100 for an initial free consultation and scoping call or request a datasheet using the form below or email us at: email@example.com